Passing this along:
"I'd be delighted if you passed this information on to anyone you think would be interested.
Informed Consent and Refusal in Maternity Care
Register today for this FREE Webinar!
It’s time to put women back in the driver’s seat when it comes to their maternity care decisions. CIMS’ experts have examined how current laws and professional practice guidelines affect patient decision-making in maternity care, and demonstrate in this FREE Webinar how patient access to evidence-based research is particularly important during a time when perinatal mortality and morbidity rates, interventions, and disparities are on the rise in the U.S. Need a continuing education certificate? Processing fees apply.
• Friday, June 19, 2009
• 1:00 pm – 2:30 pm (Eastern) / 10:00 am – 11:30 am (Pacific)
• Register online at: www.motherfriendly.org
Participants will learn:
• The legal and ethical responsibilities that health care professionals have to provide informed consent and refusal
• The components of informed consent and refusal and how to implement them fully during their interactions with patients
• The benefits of informed patient decision making and ways to utilize this knowledge to affect policy change within their institutions
Earn 1.33 Nursing Contact Hours! Here’s How:
Continuing education processing fees: $20 CIMS Members / $25 Non-Members. Payments processed through the CIMS Continuing Education Payment Center at: www.motherfriendly.org/webinar.php.
This continuing nursing education activity was approved by the Texas Nurses Association, an accredited approver by the American Nurses Credentialing Center’s Commission on Accreditation.
Provider approved by the California Board of Registered Nursing, Provider Number 15290, for 1.33 contact hours.
2010 Mother-Friendly Childbirth Forum | Feb. 26-27 | Austin, Texas
Tabaré Depaep, J.D., Esq., CLD (CAPPA)
Birth Doula, Breastfeeding Educator
|comments: talk to me|